These are the steps taken to stop copying a strategy:
- Log in to your Social Trading app.
- Find and select the particular strategy.
- Once opened you will see an option to Stop Copying at the top of the main area.
- Confirm the action and you will no longer be copying this strategy.
Possible scenarios when you stop copying a strategy:
- If an investment has any open orders: open orders will be closed by the current market prices, the copying action will stop.
- If an investment has no open orders: the copying action will stop.
Note: If you are choosing to stop copying when the market is closed (for example, during the weekend) or during daily break, there can be two possible outcomes:
- If there is more than 3 hours until the market reopens, the investment will be stopped at last market prices.
- If there are less than 3 hours until the market for these instruments reopens, or if any of the instruments is on daily break and the break is less than 3 hours before the market reopens, the investment will not be stopped and there will be an error notification. You can stop copying after the market reopens.
Auto-stop of Investments
If a strategy’s equity drops to 0, a strategy experiences a stop out. When this happens, the strategy will remain active giving the strategy provider the opportunity to deposit more funds into it to continue trading. In this case, equity of existing investments in the strategy will drop to 0 as well as the copying coefficient.
If a strategy provider makes a deposit and later trades, the investments will continue to reflect a 0 copy coefficient with 0 volume.
In order to avoid a lot of investments with 0 volume and a 0 copy coefficient, a strategy that has experienced a stop out will automatically close these investments within 7 days of the stop out. This is an automatic process designed to better reflect the true number of active investors in a strategy.
For more information about strategies, we recommend you read about what goes into a strategy for more information.